Prepare for Construction
Let’s Make Your Remodel as Painless as Possible
With a few simple steps, you can prepare your home for renovations so the process is as painless as possible. Preparation is critical and will assist you during and after construction to smooth the transition back to a fully functional home.
Due to dust, you should:
• Make sure you seal off the doorways from the kitchen to any other parts of the home with plastic sheeting
• Close all vents in the kitchen and, on construction days, make sure to close vents on the same floor as the kitchen as much as possible
• Keep all interior doors closed as much as possible
• Cover all furniture, appliances and other household items with plastic or blankets
• Plan weekend getaways or business trips to coincide with your renovation
• Consider having small children or elderly relatives visit with other family members for the initial demolition, if possible
Make sure you see our page on how to live without a kitchen for more helpful tips!